Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 39 – Happy Mother’s Day.

Happy Mother's Day - 2012
Our family lives in all different directions across the eastern seaborne of Oz.  So unfortunately didn’t get to see my mum today but got to talk to her on the phone.  The next best thing and she shared a story with me when she was a little girl.  She would get her mum (my Nan) and Grandma Edwards (my great grandma) a single white chrysanthemum and they would all wear them to Church, whilst Grandma Edwards wore her priceless necklace.  Priceless in the sense she wore a pendant of a child with their arms around their mother’s neck.  Hand in hand they all walked to church and gave thanks they were together.  Mother’s day isn’t about the expensive gifts.  It’s about being together the best way you can, and saying thank you for being my mum (even when you did get into trouble). Hope all mums have had a great day – enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment