Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 313: I’m watching you.


 I’ve got a long elongated neck that some models would kill for.  My triangular head causes discussion forums all over the world.  Some think it is weird or just plain wrong.  Then again when did you look at the shape of your head?  My pupils are so tiny, it gives me the ability to watch you without you even noticing me, I’m sneaky like that.  To help between my two huge eyes I have three in between, and can almost perform a Linda Blair.  Although my head only swings 180 degrees not 360, working on that one.  Other sneaky qualities I have; my natural camouflage.  It is great to hang out in the bush with this awesome super power and move stealthily upon my meals of moths, crickets, grasshoppers and flies.  Oh, I also tend to eat my mating partner too, can’t say that is one of my good qualities but to keep our species going it is the way of our world.  Now my front legs are bent and held together in a most eccentric angle, and this has led to my name…have you guessed it yet?  Ok so you saw my picture above and guessed already that I was a Praying Mantis; however, I just wanted to give you some of the fun facts on me.  Keep your eyes out for me next time you’re in the bush.


No comments:

Post a Comment