Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 286: Bamboo.


 Some days you just wake up and wish you could hit the snooze button and stay in bed for the next 12 hours, in dream land.  But you know you have to get up and because you did hit that snooze button, turned over for another five minutes you know your day is going to be out of whack.  Abstract comes to mind, when the day starts off that way, and the bamboo was calling my name.  It is one of the easiest plants to grow in the tropics, maybe a little too easy, man even with my black thumb I can grow it.  I love to look at it and think of all the amazing times I’ve had travelling in Asia, and still to have.  Going through villages; seeing it harvested and swaying in the breeze by the rice paddy fields.  Not too forget that it is also the Panda’s favourite cuisine.  Bamboo also has many meanings to different cultures, but today I focus on India’s meaning, friendship.  The flood zone has had an amazing response to strangers reaching out and helping today, leaving as friends.  I hope this continues in the weeks ahead and it makes the victims lives a little easier through such a difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment